February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month and a great time for young men and their fathers to wear a white ribbon to take a public stance against violence with the White Ribbon Pledge:
WHITE RIBBON PLEDGE
I PLEDGE NEVER TO COMMIT, CONDONE OR REMAIN SILENT ABOUT VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN, CHILDREN AND INTIMATE PARTNERS.
FROM THIS DAY FORWARD, I PROMISE TO TALK TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND CO-WORKERS ABOUT STOPPING VIOLENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY.
I PROMISE TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO DO THE SAME AND I PROMISE TO LEAD THEM BY EXAMPLE.
THIS WHITE RIBBON I AM WEARING WILL REMIND ME OF THIS PLEDGE.
For more information about the White Ribbon Campaign, Click here.
A healthy father plans to have a baby at the best time for his family.
What can men do to prevent or plan a pregnancy?
- learn about male and female methods of birth control - bedsider.org
- talk with your partner about birth control before you have sex
- listen to your partner and respect their feelings
- use condoms for protection from pregnancy, STIs and HIV
- support your female partner with her birth control method
If your family is big enough and you don't want any more children, consider a vasectomy