The successful annual Fathers Walk 2016 will be Thursday September 22, 2016 at public, private, and charter throughout Cuyahoga County and in other Northeast Ohio counties. On this date, fathers will be encouraged to to take their kids to school and throughout the school year. Join other fathers, uncles, grandfathers, stepfathers, foster fathers, brothers and mentors as they support the education of children in their lives.
On September 22, 2016, fathers and male mentors will be encouraged to take the following pledge and keep it year around:
- I am responsible for the education of my child.
- I will encourage all children to do their best every day at school.
- I will speak to my child about the value of learning and the importance of reaching your potential.
- I will help with school work and review assignments for completion.
- I will praise my child when he/she does well in school.
- I will speak with my child’s teachers and support them in educating my child.
- I will teach my child the value of education and the value of family.
- I will work with my child’s mother or guardian to achieve the best academic and social outcomes for my child even if I do not live with my child.
Please plan on participating and help us spread the word! Promote the Fathers Walk on your social media outlets with the hashtag #NEOFathersWalk.
Do you want to register a school for Fathers Walk? Call the Cuyahoga County Fatherhood Initiative to register at 216.348.3967
Color flyers for the Cuyahoga County Fathers Walk, with the Fathers Walk pledge, are available for distribution. Do you need some? Email us your request and we'll send you a flyer ready for printing.
Fathers Walk in Cuyahoga County is brought to you by Passages, Global Parenting Network, the Cuyahoga County Fatherhood Initiative (CCFI), the Healthy Fathering Collaborative and WKYC
For more information call the CCFI at 216.348.3967 or Passages at 216.881.6776 or email email@example.com
Healthy Fathering Collaborative
P.O. Box 606194
Cleveland, OH 44106
*Email is the preferred form of contact.
Fathers Walk Across Ohio!
Fathers in Cuyahoga, Summit, and PortageCounties will all be participating on the same date this year, demonstrating support throughout Northeast Ohio for the educational success of their children and the Ohio Practitioners' Network for Fathers and Families is encouraging organizations and schools across the state to participate as well.
Similar events (also known as the Million Fathers March) will take place at 800 cities across the country this year at the beginning of the new school year.